The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #56 with Mike Bergin Additional Notes

On The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #56 I talk with Mike Bergin, the creator and force behind 10,000 Birds, the largest and likely longest running birding blog anywhere. Mike is an avid birding traveler, and has birded at many of the top world birding hotspots. He has also developed a top team of “beat writers” who contribute regularly to 10,000 Birds.
My favorite column on 10,000 Birds is Mikes every Monday “Best Bird of the Weekend” column. It is fun to read, see what others in the comments section report as their “best bird” of the weekend, and then force me to think back about my weekend.
Mike has also contributed to the birding community with the no-longer-functioning Nature Blog Network, where he helped collect the top bloggers on nature subjects into one place to read. With the evolution of social media this has stopped being as useful, but it was a key resource for years.
Mike also wrote I and the Bird that in addition to being a component of 10,000 BIrds was was featured on the ABA website for years.
I hope you find my talk with Mike as enjoyable as it was for me to produce.
Good birding. Good day!