The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #67 with Dr. Roger Lederer Additional Info.

On The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #67 with Dr. Roger Lederer we talk about a nice variety of subjects, including his birding story, his experience as a university professor of ornithology at California State Chico, about his website Ornithology.com as well as tips to listeners who might be interested in a career in ornithology or just learning more about bird biology.

He has done a number of seminars at the Osher Foundations events, a learning for adults >50 years of age program. See the link to that program.

On a recent episode the Andrew Emlen we talked about his sea kayak programs on the lower Columbia river with the Roads Scholar program, another destination focused adult experiential education program.

In the intro I talk about county birding. As guests in the past I’ve had some top county birders. Brad Waggoner is the #1 county birder in Kitsap County, and Bruce LaBar is the Pierce County birder still living with the largest county life list. (Patrick Sullivan deceased reported having seen more species per the WA Birder Website county birding pages.
On the day of birding I talk about with Ken Brown, here a couple of photos and the list of the 12 new Mason County species I saw that day.
American Dipper

Amerian Dipper

American Kestrel
Cassin’s Vireo
Common Murre
Marbled Murrelet
Brown Pelican
A terrible digiscope photo for documentation of this unlikely Mason County bird.

Barn Owl
How cool are Barn Owls?

California Scrub Jay
Brown Creeper
Chipping Sparrow
Chipping Sparrow

Western Sandpiper
This individual was photographed the day prior in Pierce County.

Long-billed Dowitcher

Thanks for listening.
Good birding and good day!