The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #68 with Dennis Paulson Additional Info.

I have knows about Dennis Paulson since first moving to  the Puget Sound area in 1987, and after getting his Shorebirds of the Pacific Northwest book have enjoyed reading that and reviewing it every spring and fall as migration approaches.  Dennis is an iconic figure in the Washington birding community.  He has taught the Seattle Audubon Master Birding Class for many years, curated the Slater Museum at the University of Puget Sound and taught there, has talked at just about every local and regional birding related event for decades, and is such a nice guy that he is truly beloved by WA birders.

We talk about lots of topics on the podcast. Here are links to some of them.

Shorebirds of the Pacific Northwest is out of print, and expensive on Amazon. If you want a copy, search and maybe you can find one.

Shorebirds of North America a Photographic Guide is still available.

Hawks in Flight by Pete Dunne and others is here on Buteo Books.

Pete Dunnes Field Guide Companion is the third book I mentioned that is one of my favorites.   It is best found as a Kindle Book on Amazon now, as the hard cover ones are expensive.  It is not a book with photographs or color plates, so a digital version should be great. ‘

Here is a link to the online Slater Museum Collection  of wings and tails.  You’ll need to search by scientific name, so be prepared.

Both of the dragonfly books we discussed,  the Dragonflies of the East and Dragonflies of the West are still available on Amazon.

We talk about the Washington Ornithological Society convention. Here is a link to the WOS web site.

The Audubon Guide to the Birds of Oregon we talked about is by David Irons, my guest on The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #58. with a link here.

You can find the Seattle Audubon Society website page on the here to check on the next Master Birding Class with Dennis.

Thanks for visiting. Please subscribe to the Bird Banter Podcast wherever you get your podcast feeds.

Good Birding. Good day!