The Bird Banter Podcast #77 with John Patten Moss Additional Information

On The Bird Banter Podcast #77 with John Patten Moss we talk about his experience travelling from Olympia, WA south into central California using only his unicycle for transportation while trying to find as many species of birds as possible, i.e. a unicycle big year! Covid cut the trip short, but still it was a journey worthy of note.

Here are some links to topics we discussed:
2020 The Vision Blog ius John’s blog with posts from while he was on the road birding.

Here is Dorian Anderson’s blog post about his time birding with John in California.

I talk about other big year adventures. Here are links to some of these discussed.

Noah Stryker’s World Big Year in 2015
A summary of the Biggest of ABA Big Years

I somehow failed to mention Chirstian Hagenlacher as a Bird Banter guest big year birder. He was in the mix in the biggest ABA big year or all, and was a guest on two separate episodes. Here is his website link. The Birding Project Christian didn’t just do a big year for birds, he met and interviewed birders and others all along the way, and wrote the book Falcon Freeway to tell his story.

I’m hoping to get lots of comments on your favorite “big year”, “Big Day” or big whatever stories. Please leave a comment and share your stories with readers.

Thanks.

Good birding. Good day.