The Bird Banter Podcast #74 with Tom Bancroft Additional Information

I first met Tom Bancroft at the first Washington Ornithology Society (WOS) meeting after I was elected as a trustee last year. Tom is the secretary of WOS, and impressed me with his quiet, thoughtful, knowledgeable and impactful input on most of the issues we discussed. I knew from reading the WOS newsletter that he is a good writer, and came to realize that is he also a very good birder and has had an interesting and broad set of experiences I was excited to explore on the podcast. I was not disappointed, and hope you enjoy the episode.

You can find Tom’s birding class with the Mountaineers here once it is listed.

Here is a link to the Seattle Audubon Society website classes page.
This is Tom’s web site. You can find his class by the Eastside Audubon Society here.
This is the WOS website. Here is a link to the online version of the Birder’s Guide to Washington

The everglades were where Tom worked for many years. Here is a link to an old blog post I wrote about a visit there.

Here is an article in the Florida Audubon Society website on the Everglades “River of Grass” land acquisition program.
The Merlin app from Cornell is a phone and online free app to help identify birds. Here is a link to the Cornell web site with a how-to-use-Merlin lesson and links to the app stores to download the app.

Tom talks about the Important Bird Area initiative. Here is an article on the Cornell site talking about this program.

Please leave a comment with any suggestions you have for future guests, other feedback, or contact me at the contact page on this site.
Until next time. Good birding. Good day!