King and Snohomish County Birding Nov 4, 2020

Today Marian worked on a school project with her grandson Ethan in Lake Forest Park, so I rode up with her and birded the nearby Snohomish waterfront and at Juanita Bay Park in King County. It was really warm, in the 60’s, but also windy making birding tough.
I had really not done much salt water birding in Snohomish, and at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park the wind and waves made it tough viewing, but at Ocean Ave. I managed to pick up 5 new county species, Horned and Red-necked Grebe, Surf Scoter, Pelagic Cormorant and Pacific Loon. Then in King County across Lake Washington I walked the path at Juanita Bay Park. It was really windy, but I managed to hear one, maybe two Virginia Rails doing their grunt calls. County birding continues.