The Bird Banter Podcast #105 with Melissa Hafting Additional Info.

On this episode I talk with Melissa Hafting, a terrific young Canadian birder from near Vancouver, B.C. We talk about her excellent work with young birders in B.C., her birding experiences and her work with the B.C. rare bird alert.

Melissa was featured on the ABA Podcast’s “All Canada” episode recently and represented the western part of Canada very nicely. Check it out and I suspect you’ll enjoy hearing more about the great birding found across Canada. Many of the birds that we U.S. birders enjoy seeing in migration depend on the boreal forests, Arctic tundra and vast grasslands for their breeding areas.

You can find the B.C. Rare Bird Alert here. Melissa also has a blog you can find here as Dare to Bird.

She is also a fine photographer and you can find much of her work on her instagram page @bcbirdergirl

It was a real treat to get to know Melissa a bit better as we talked. I look forward to seeing her again in the field soon.

Until next time. Good birding and good day!