The Bird Banter Podcast #108 with Sophie Wickham Additional Info.

I hope you enjoyed hearing from Sophie Wickham, the warden at the Holme Bird Observatory, who is my guest of The Bird Banter Podcast #108. Enjoy her British accent as we talk about her job there, her career path to get to her current position, and the Bird Observatory system in general. We also touch on how Brexit has impacted the support of wildlife conservation in England so far, and the concerns of conservationists in Great Britain about this issue.
Here is a map of the Bird Observatories in England.
Here is The Norfolk Ornithologists Association website.
Here is a link to the British Trust for Ornithology website. It is a really comprehensive resource, maybe more so than our ABA website.
Here is an article addressing conservation and habitat issues post Brexit on the Bat Conservation Trust website.
I mentioned the Science article about the decline in bird populations over the last half century, so here is a link to that article.
Sophie talks about Willow Warblers on the episode. Old world warblers are a bit different from our New World Wood Warblers. Here is a link to Birds of the World for Willow Warbler. In my limited experience warbler ID in Europe, Asia and Africa is not easy.
Thanks for listening. Until next time, good birding and good day.