The Bird Banter Podcast #127 with Raphael Fennimore Additional Info.

Raphael Fennimore is my guest on The Bird Banter Podcast #127 and we talk about not just his record breaking King County 2021 Big Year, but also his broad natural sciences background as a marine mammal biologist, scuba diving, as an Antarctic Cruise guide and his experience with a new mirrorless camera. Raphael identified 278 species of birds in King County in 2021, more species than had previously been found in any county in WA in a single calendar year.
I mention on the episode that I think Common Grackle is less common in central Maine than when I was child, and though that may be my impression, per eBird bar charts it is still pretty common, so maybe it’s my faulty memory, or maybe they were more abundant then like many species that have generally declined in numbers over the last half century.
Here is a link to the Birding in King County, WA book that Raphael mentioned by Gene Hunn.
This is the Canon R5 camera Raphael mentions.
Here is Raphael’s Instagram feed
You can also reach Raphael by email Raphael.Fennimore- at – gmail- dot- com
Here is a link to the eBird 2021 top 100 eBird listers page.
Again, thanks for listening and reading here.
Good birding and good day!