The Bird Banter Podcast #137: Special Backyard Birding Episode with Tammy Poppie Additional Info.

Tammy Poppie and I talk about backyard birding and bird feeding on this episode. Tammie is the creator of On The Feeder, a website where readers can find information about bird feeders and feeding, find an injured bird rehab facility nearby. IMO this is a pretty cool feature of the website. I tried it for my home zip code and it gave several facilities in the area.
I talked about two prior episodes on the podcast, and so thought I’d put their players here:

On this episode we talk about Dr. Klem’s decades of work on birds and window collisions.

Suzie Gilbert and I talk about bird rehabilitation on this episode, as well as about her two books related to the topic.
We also talk a bit about feeder related Salmonella infections. Here is an article about the outbreak in the winter of 2021-2022.
As I mention on the wrap of this episode, stay tuned for the next episode with Alex Harper about birding around Sin City.