The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #30 with Peter Wimberger Supporting Notes

In this episode I go to the Slater Museum at the University of Puget Sound to meet with Peter Wimberger, the museum director, and we talk about the role of a natural history museum in the world of science, education, research and ecology today. Peter is a passionate advocate of the museum and natural history museums in general, and an eloquent guest.

Here is a link to the website of the Slater Museum and the Burke Museum, a similar museum at the University of Washington. Both museums have the premier outstretched wing specimens of birds in North America. You can see photos of many of the wings on the websites.

Slater Museum
Burke Museum

Here is a link to my

Peter Wimberger and his dog Cava.

Here is a photo of the new Oceanic Bird Identification guide I talk about in the introduction

Until next time. Good birding. Good day!