The Bird Banter Podcast #121 with Will Brooks and Jason Vassallo Additional Information

On this episode Will, Jason and I talk about their 2021 big years. Jason did a 2021 Lower-48 States big year and Will did a 2021 Washington State Big Year. Will broke the record for Washington getting 376 species, and Jason saw the 9th highest lower 48 states total ever while visiting most states, 21 National Parks, many other areas of natural beauty, and trying to keep it fun and not too stressful. It sounds to me like both accomplished their goals exceptionally, and it was really fun to have good friends on the show to talk birding.
Below are links to related and I think interesting information.

Jason’s Instagram feed, @jason2012bigyear. Check out not just the great photos but the dialogue too.

Here is a Wikipedia page that gives more than you may want to know about birding big years. It is incredibly current and well done.

Here is a Seattle News 5 video about Will’s year.

This is a local newspaper article about Will’s big year.

This is Will’s first podcast with lots more background and here is Jason’s first podcast.

Thanks for listening and reading.
Good birding and good day!