The Bird Banter Podcast #161 with Frank Izaguirre

On this episode you’ll hear from Frank Izaguirre, an editor of the ABA’s Birding magazine, and a PhD candidate in English with his discertation covering Field Guides and how they have influenced conservation.
We also talk about the relatively new ABA social media channel ABA Community. I’ve started using it and it is pretty cool.
To hear a more detailed discussion of his discertation work, watch this You Tube.

Here is the old Golden Guide that Kay used to keep her life list of birds and as her field guide when we first started birding.

Kay’s Golden Guide that has visited the bottom of McGrath Pond in Oakland, ME and many other places.

An example of how Kay taught me to keep records. Note the Pileated Woodpecker was seen on our first day of birding together in the Everglades.

The Peterson Field Guide I bought at the Everglades Visitor Center on my first day of birding.

Just a few of the fabulous waders that I listed on that first day.

Thanks for listening.