The Bird Banter Podcast #180 with Ezekiel Dobson Additional Info.

On this episode Ezekiel and I talk while he Zooms in from his car somewhere near San Diego, California where he was continuing his lower-48 U.S. big year. He saw #700, a Flame-colored Tanager in SE Arizona, and is in SoCal awaiting a pelagic trip. HE is currently at 702 for the year, adding the provisional species Burrowing Parakeet while awaiting the pelagic trip.
I love San Diego as a base for birding the area as well as the place for great pelagic birding. I’ve had an episode about the Searcher 5-Day pelagic which I highly recommend.
Follow Ezekiel on his Instagram page and support him on Go Fund Me if you feel motivated.
I’ve had lots of big year and life list birders on as guests.
Liam Hutcheson and his recent record Washington State big year

Peter Kaestner and his lifelong quest to see birds of the world.

Victor and Ruben Stoll on their record breaking Lower-48 big year.

Doug Hitchcock and his record breaking 400th species in the state of Maine (now much higher)

Raphael Fennamore and his King County WA big year.

Tiffany Keersten and her at the time record Lower-48 big year.

Matt Bartels and his quest for finding 200+ species of birds in every Washington State county.

Lynn Barber talks about record big years in the biggest states of Alaska and Texas.

And the craziest of all, Dorian Anderson’s bicycle big year story.

Thanks for listening, stay tuned to learn about Slow Birding and more.
Good birding and good day!