The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #31 with John Patten Moss- Supporting Notes

In The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #31 John Patten Moss and I talk about his planned cross-country birding big year completely self powered and primarily on a UNICYCLE! Can you imagine, starting near where I live in the Puget Sound region of Washington state, travelling south to California, across to Arizona and across the southern U.S. using only a unicycle and his feet.
In episode Dorian Anderson and I talked about his 2014 Biking for Birds big year, when he saw 618 species, and started in Massachusetts, going south in freezing weather to Florida, then crossing the southern U.S., up the west coast and back through part of the central U.S. completely self powered on a bicycle. John and I talk about he unique challenges he will face on a unicycle, his life story of learning to unicycle and his birding story.
I look forward to following his big year at his blog: 2020: The Vision
There is a really cool video produced by a student at his alma mater Berry University about his unicycle use during college. Check it out here:
In case you have not seen it here is the blog of Dorian Anderson’s Biking for Birds big year
You can reach John on e-mail mossbill16 – at- yahoo dot – com
Be sure to reach out to him if you are interested in helping him in any way on his big year quest.
Until next time; Good birding. Good day!