The Bird Banter Podcast Episode #47 with Ryan and Victor Rodriguez Additional Info

How many 4 Year Olds learn to read by studying their Big Sibley Bird Guide?

My guest Ryan Rodriguez, 12-year old birder from McAllen, Texas, was a joy to meet and talk with. His Dad Victor sat in as the proud Dad, watching his son perform like a pro.

Check out Ryan’s eBird Profile to see his local accomplishments.
Here is a link to the World Birding Center Quinta Mazatlan Site that Ryan haunts as a birder.
The LRGV is a special place to ABA birders. So far in just the brief visit I’ve had here I’ve seen many species that would be difficult if not impossible to find elsewhere in the ABA area.
Green Jay

PARA_4047 Quinta Mazatlan McAllen

Aplomado Falcon
A Lower RGV specialty, seen all over, heard nearly constantly calling its name. [/caption]
Altamira Oriole

These are just a few of the easy ones here.
Add the vagrant Fork-tailed Flycatcher that has been hanging out since before I got here, Clay-colored Thrush, Bronzed Cowbird, and you go a long ways to building your list here.
Ryan is in an opportune place to meet and see visiting birders as well as the LRGV specialty birds.
Good Birding. Good Day!